John Deere Mulch Kit 46-inch Mower Deck
- Item condition:
- Time left:
- $185.00 Buy It Now
- Item location:
- Ships to:
- John Deere
- Country/Region of Manufacture:
- Does not apply
John Deere Mulch Kit 46-inch Mower DeckPart Number:BM19321
John Deere Mulch Kit 46-inch Mower DeckThe Tricycler system gets its name from the ability of a John Deere mower to bag, side discharge, or mulch to meet the three phases of lawn care that are associated with the changing seasons (spring, summer, or fall).
The Tricycler mulching attachment allows converting the mower so it can be used to perform the mulching function (grass or leaves) of this system.
The attachment consists of special mulching blades, a deflector ramp to direct the clippings into the blades for re-cutting, and a discharge closure plate with adjustable baffle.
- Adjust baffle to the proper opening. The adjustable baffle can be moved to one of five positions to match conditions using the convenient wing nuts.
- When mulching grass, the operator should start with the baffle set in the highest position (greatest opening).
- In drier conditions or when mulching leaves, the baffles can be moved down to reduce the amount of material that is discharged.
- Mow when grass is dry.
- Observe the 1/3 rule.
- No more than 1/3 of the grass blade should be cut off at one time. This allows more efficient mulching and will promote the continued good health of the grass.
- If the desired cut height can't be achieved by cutting off 1/3, or there is clumping of the clippings, it may be required to cut higher. Wait a day, then lower the mower and make a second pass.
- Mow at proper intervals approximately every 4 to 5 days.
- Always mow with sharp blades.
- Remove Tricycler attachment and install the appropriate medium or high lift blades.
- Deflector ramp and discharge cover must be removed.
- Special mulching blades may be used if satisfactory results are achieved. If not, remove and replace with...